2 Ekim 2012 Salı

"teenagers trade pride for selfish attention"


Aslı Özoğuz

Language B

Word Count:  283

 01.10.2012

Dear Diary,

You won’t believe what happened today! For the first time in my life my mom and I actually agreed on something. Okay, I’ll start from the top. It was a typical Sunday morning. Our house was extremely quiet and calm as it is on every Sunday. Everyone woke up at 11 o’clock. After we had breakfast, I and my mom were watching TV. By luck, there wasn’t anything on TV so we had to watch a show called My Super Sweet 16. Yuck. Anyway while we were watching it my mom said that teenagers trade pride for selfish attention. Even though I am a teenager, I totally agree. Spending all that money on a night which is only about you… That is just selfish. These teenagers crave attention so much they are willing to spend all this money. If I had that much money I would actually do something which is good for our society. I probably would have donated some of it. Instead of donating the money or at least do something useful with it, they just spend it on one party which is only about themselves. These people want to feel like a celebrity. They want to feel famous. That’s why they do all this stuff. But the thing is, the other day no one will remember who the girl or the boy was. So the thing is these teenagers could actually do something good for the community and gain people’s attention that way. But they just throw away a lot of money for a party which is only about themselves. That is just selfish. I’m just glad I am not like one of those spoiled teenagers! Good night!

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder