16 Nisan 2013 Salı

interview

15.04.2013
Aslı Özoğuz
Word Count: 414

                                                           INTERVIEW WITH TEENS


In our modern times teenagers are frequently influenced by media. I will be interviewing Sarah from James Wood High School.

Hello, Sarah! First I would like to ask you if you have a TV in your room and how many hours do you spend watching it?
Sarah: Hi.  Yes I have it and I spend like 2 hours a day watching it.

What channel do you watch the most and why?
Sarah: I watch MTV a lot. Because you know it’s got a lot of shows for teenagers. For example: My Super Sweet 16, Teen Wolf and Teen Mom.

Do you think you’re influenced by these TV shows?
Sarah: Yeah definitely. I totally want to have my own Super Sweet 16. I want my parents to buy me an expensive car and surprise me. I want everyone to like me and stuff. I also want my life to be like in Teen Wolf. My life is so boring.

What about magazines? Do you read a lot of magazines and which ones?
Sarah: Totally. My favorite one is Teen Star. I buy them daily.

When you see skinny girls in ads in magazines, how do you feel about yourself?
Sarah: Honestly I feel like really bad. I think I’m too fat. Even though I diet a lot, I just can’t look like the girls in the magazines. One time I tried a soup diet I saw in the magazine. In this diet you only drink soup for 2 weeks. At first it seemed to work but after I stopped the diet, I gained 5 kg. It was a horrible time for me.

What about alcohol and cigarettes? Do you drink or smoke?
Sarah: Yeah of course. Everyone our ages smokes and drinks. Whenever I’m out with my friends I drink and sometimes smoke.

Do you think media influenced this habit?
Sarah: I guess in some ways. Mostly I drink and smoke because of peer pressure. All of my friends like make me feel like a loser when I don’t drink alcohol or smoke. And they mostly get influenced by media, I guess. Especially in movies we see lots of characters who smoke and drink and they look really cool. Also in alcohol ads people look like they are having a great time. They don’t show the hangovers and the health effects of drinking. We are forced to believe that these habits are actually good for us.

Thank you for your time Sarah!
It’s no biggie. 

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder